Workers’ Compensation Specialists For EMS Agencies
EMT Workers’ Comp Insurance
On average, more than 20,000 career and volunteer EMS personnel visit hospital emergency rooms each year for work-related injuries. The rate of injury among EMS professionals is often more than four times higher than those who work in other occupations. The unique hazards faced by first responders inspired 7710 Insurance to create a specialized workers’ compensation program designed specifically for EMS professionals. With the demand for EMTs and paramedics projected to increase 24 percent between 2014 and 2024, it is critical that work-related injuries in this industry be proactively prevented, as well as expertly managed when they do occur.
EMT Work Comp Insurance Created By EMS Professionals
With more than 100 years of collective experience in first responder and workers’ comp industries, the dedicated professionals at 7710 Insurance know firsthand the hazards of EMS work, as many of us have served in those roles ourselves. Because we are deeply familiar with the job duties of paramedic and EMTs, the equipment used and the hazards encountered, we are able to offer our insureds a tailored, single-source workers comp program, supported by unmatched in-house safety and risk control programs.
Specialized EMT Workers’ Comp Loss Prevention and Cost Containment Strategies
7710 Insurance helps ambulance companies create and maintain a safety-first culture, which can have a dramatic impact on lowering the incidence of EMT work-related injury claims, as well as streamlining treatment times, speeding return-to-work and optimizing claims management to reduce overall costs and increase productivity.
Through specialized fitness instruction and the hands-on safety and risk management strategy of our innovative SHIELD program (Safety and Health Initiative for Evaluating Loss Defense), our insureds are empowered to proactively prevent work-related injuries and losses through a series of assessments and on-going best practices education. SHIELD plays a vital role in minimizing or preventing claims from occurring in the first place and is provided at no additional cost with every EMS workers’ compensation policy that we issue.
Why Choose 7710 Insurance for Your EMS Workers’ Compensation Program
We currently cover more than 10,000 EMT, fire and public service professionals under our workers’ compensation policies at profit and non-profit emergency service organizations throughout the nation. We are authorized to provide workers comp coverage in 43 states and have extensive experience insuring both public and private ambulance companies in every environment. In order to serve unselfishly and continuously, an EMT needs to be taken care of – and that’s what 7710 Insurance does.
7710 Insurance Strengths
- We are solely focused on emergency and public service workers and deeply understand the daily risks involved in these professions.
- We strive to minimize the occurrence of injuries by offering pre-incident safety and fitness strategies.
- Our team offers conscientious and timely claims investigation and management, typically opening claims within 48 hours of notification by the employer, so we can be quick, efficient and fair to all involved parties.
- We offer long-term strategies focused on the continued wellness of emergency workers through expert treatment management and thoughtful return-to-work strategies.
- 7710 Insurance strongly believes that EMS agencies need partners that can help them actively and expertly manage their operational costs. Our goal is to reduce the frequency and severity of workers’ comp claims, while providing comprehensive coverage at the most competitive rates.
- 7710 Insurance administers the workers compensation insurance program on behalf of Benchmark Insurance Co., an AM Best Rated A insurance carrier, in some states.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance For EMTs
We have assembled a best in class, customer support team to help your organization manage claims promptly and efficiently in order to get your staff healthy again and back to work as quickly as possible. Contact us today to learn more about why so many EMS organizations and fire departments have chosen 7710 Insurance to be their trusted workers’ comp insurance partner.
Risk Management Program Overview One-Sheet
Firefighter Fitness Essentials Intro
Carbon Monoxide: The Invisible Killer
NFPA Best Practices Guidelines Round-up for Fire Districts