Workers Comp Insurance For Firefighters
58,250 firefighter injuries occurred in the line of duty in 2018 alone. There are few occupations that have the same level of potential risk as firefighting – and longer shifts, personnel shortages, high stress and chronic exhaustion have become more widespread in the industry. Having proudly served in firefighter roles ourselves, the dedicated professionals of 7710 Insurance recognized the need for a specialized workers’ compensation program designed specifically for first responders that would proactively prevent injuries, as well as expertly manage treatment and claims if they do occur.
Work Comp Insurance Created By Firefighters and Insurance Professionals
Our staff has more than a century of collective experience in both workers’ comp and first responder arenas and we know how important it is for a fire department to secure and maintain a quality workers’ compensation insurance program with a competitive premium. Because of our vast experience with the job duties and equipment used by firefighters, we are able to offer our insureds a tailor fit, single-source workers comp program supported by adept claims management and unmatched in-house safety and loss control programs.
Specialized Firefighter Workers’ Comp Loss Control and Cost Containment Strategies
7710 Insurance helps fire departments create and maintain a safety-first culture centered on loss control, which can have a dramatic impact on lowering the incidence of work-related injury claims, as well as streamlining treatment times, speeding return-to-work and optimizing claims management – all of which reduce overall costs and increase productivity.
Through specialized fitness instruction and the hands-on safety and risk management strategy of our innovative SHIELD program (Safety and Health Initiative for Evaluating Loss Defense), our insureds are empowered to proactively prevent work-related injuries and losses through a series of assessments and on-going best practices education. SHIELD plays a vital role in minimizing or preventing claims from occurring in the first place and is provided at no additional cost with every firefighter workers’ compensation policy that we issue.
Why Choose 7710 Insurance as Your Firefighter Workers’ Comp Carrier
We focus exclusively on emergency and public services, proudly insuring more than 10,000 under our policies at fire districts, emergency service organizations and municipalities in 43 states nationwide. Our claims service includes 24-hour access, fraud and legal guidance based on deep knowledge of the laws and regulations of each state. 7710 Insurance is extraordinarily committed to supporting the health and safety of the honorable men and women serving as firefighters.
7710 Insurance Strengths
- We are solely focused on emergency and public service workers and deeply understand the daily risks involved in these professions.
- We strive to minimize the occurrence of injuries by offering pre-incident safety and fitness strategies.
- Our company offers conscientious and timely claims investigation and management, typically opening claims within 48 hours of notification by the employer, so we can be quick, efficient and fair to all involved parties.
- We offer long-term strategies, focused on emergency workers’ continued wellness through thoughtful treatment management and return-to-work strategies.
- 7710 Insurance strongly believes that Emergency Response Workers need partners that can help them actively and competently manage their operational costs. Our goal is to reduce the frequency and severity of workers’ comp claims, while providing comprehensive coverage at the most competitive rates.
- 7710 Insurance administers the workers compensation insurance program on behalf of Benchmark Insurance Co., an AM Best Rated A insurance carrier, in some states.
Firefighter Workers’ Compensation Insurance
We have assembled a best in class, customer support team to help your organization manage claims promptly and efficiently in order to get your staff healthy again and back to work as quickly as possible. Contact us today to learn more about why so many fire departments and EMS organizations have chosen 7710 Insurance to be their trusted workers’ comp insurance partner.
Carbon Monoxide: The Invisible Killer
Firefighter Fitness Essentials Intro
SHIELD Overview One-sheet
NFPA Best Practices Guidelines Round-up for Fire Districts